African Youth Charter, Article 14((1) & (2(b-d)))
- State parties shall recognise the right of young people to a standard of living adequate for their holistic development.
- State parties shall recognise the right of young people to be free from hunger and shall take individual or collective measures to:
- Train young people to take up agricultural, mineral, commercial and industrial production using contemporary systems and promote the benefits of modern information and communication technology to gain access to existing and new markets;
- Provide grants of land to youth and youth organisations for socio-economic development purposes; and
- Facilitate access to credit to promote youth participation in agricultural and other sustainable livelihood projects.